Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dear Sue


Inspired by the deaf woman I met this morning.

Dear Sue,

You don't know me,
I don't know you,
So how dare you presume
To think that you do

You have once piece of information
And give it the meaning
That I have rejected
The essence of your being

My child's CI does not imply 
I am one of those  mothers
Who refuses to accept
The differences of others

I will  not choose between
The black and white path laid ahead
I choose the course unseen
The path of acceptance instead 

Of misunderstanding








5 comments:

  1. I wonder if your child could not walk and had a wheel chair if the woman would think you had not accepted your child's inability to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Night, I am mother of a child that also got Tegmento Pontine Cap Displasy.
    We are from Brazil e are going to Seattle in October/2016.

    We will appreciate to meet you and exchange experiences about our children.
    If you are a facebook user, please add me to your profile: my facebook profile is Teteh Sena
    Thats my name... Nice to talk to you.

    My son is 6 years old and has all the same features of your daughter.

    Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teteh, please send me an email at athenatroy@gmail.com. There are some PTCD families that live in Seattle and I would be happy to connect you with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Night

    I have sent an e-mails trasnlated with Google's help.

    There is files in these messages and I would like to know if you are receiving.

    Please, reply me as soon as possible.

    Thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Email tete981079999@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete